Sunday, March 04, 2007
One of my friends from church has had, basically, a nervous breakdown. She's the sort of person that would be the last person you'd ever expect to have that sort of issue. It's given me a bit of a shock, because as well as feeling really bad for her, it's shown me how easily I could swing that way if I let things get out of control. I haven't had many problems with depression lately but it doesn't take much to make me feel depressed again, ie being alone at home for a few days or something, and then, it's frightening, because it's not just feeling sad - it's feelings you have no control over and you don't know why you're acting like this and you can't explain it to anyone. And because I'm usually perfectly fine when I'm with other people, I can't explain something I'm not even feeling at that time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
It's amazing how grief seems to come in waves. I can be completely happy one minute and the next ready to cry.
gosh, i know, its like people have an amazing capacity to make me feel better just by being there but then when they go i realize that im not actually ok. calling people randomly 'just to say hi' usually helps if im alone at home. texting as well i s'pose.
Post a Comment