Today I am feeling very angry. I guess it's partly just because I'm tired and I don't want to start writing my essay. I hate the way I act when I get irritable like this but part of me revels in it. I feel like bursting into tears at tiny little things, which means I get snappy so as to disguise it.
I went to church this morning in this mood, which is never a good idea. It often means I look like an angry mathematics teacher while I play the piano, focusing a furious gaze on the page of music while I play songs about how happy we all are. It also means whenever someone stands up to say something or to pray, I start thinking about all their little idiosyncrasies and laughing in not the nicest way at how they always use the same words or the same tone or something. I wish I didn't do this. I know most of them so very well and like them a lot, having grown up in this church.
Sometimes I just wish we had a special service where no singing about happiness was allowed. I really do get the point, that even when we're not happy we do have a kind of peace that comes from God. I agree. I feel it very strongly usually. But when I'm in moods like these, I hate people getting up the front and grinning like they've just won Lotto. Good on them, I suppose. But right now I don't have the joy joy joy joy down in my heart.
Gosh this sounds bitter. I'm sorry to burden you with it, reader, whoever you are.
Saturday, April 22, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment